Thursday, March 01, 2012

Starve Iran

These reports disturb me in my soul.

Israeli officials: Starve Iranians to stop nukes

Israeli Officials Call for Starving Millions of Iranians

This is being compared to the refusal to send foreign aid to North Korea where the tyrannical dictatorial government committed and continues to commit atrocities on their people daily. North Korea’s leaders caused the starvation in North Korea.

There is a vast difference between saying “No” to the sending of foreign aid and saying “Yes” to trade sanctions and even military embargos against a nation, cutting it off from the world militarily.

Finding it difficult to justify outright military attacks on Iran, starvation is now being suggested as the means of killing the people.

Why? What have these people done? Whom have they attacked?

Who are the real monsters?

Yes, the Muslim leadership who are persecuting Christians with intensity and others as well, these truly are monstrous and evil. But is this reason for starving the entire populace? Is that not an even greater evil?

Recently many church leaders protested vehemently against the forced support of abortifacients and contraceptives. Church bodies angrily stormed Washington DC demanding to be exempted from violating their pro-life beliefs. Reports such as COP commends Synod president on religious-liberty statements boast with great pride regarding these actions.

OK. Very well. Good job boys!

In this same church body the new slogan and logo is: Witness, Mercy, Life Together.



Very catchy! Sounds wonderful!

I find myself wondering, will there be an outcry from these merciful ones regarding the globalist agenda to starve the Iranian children? Will they storm Washington DC to demand intervention on behalf of these children? Will they demand that their tax money not be used to help cut off food and supplies to the Iranian people?

Will they even publish a blog notice? Will they even send a letter?

Will they pray for the children in Iran? Will they pray for the parents who will struggle to find food for their starving children?

I am ashamed of the fact that in the past I often have turned a blind eye to such things as these. I am ashamed that I must admit that I did not cry out under the two Bush and the Clinton dictatorships and the unjust wars that they conducted and the other evils that they perpetrated.

Oh, I did cry out concerning at least some of the things, but with more of whimper.

Am I really doing anything more now? Is there more that I really can do?

Well, at the very least I believe that I can support candidates who likewise say that this is wrong, that warmongering is wrong, candidates with a record of opposing such evils, both abroad and at home.

- - -

2 comments:

Gary Cepek said...

Paul,

We express wholehearted agreement with your comments. Thank you for expressing such things. It is beneficial for others who may struggle to put into words the thoughts of their hearts.

Gary Cepek

Not Alone +++ PAS said...

Gary,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do often wonder whether my posts are of any real value to anyone. It helps to hear occasionally that someone does benefit.

Many of these topics are very disturbing, distressing, and depressing. I often grow weary of studying these things.

I do so in part with the hope that people will respond by taking action on them. In part, I want to draw attention to the accuracy of the fore-warnings the Lord has given so that people realize that the time is drawing near, and that He knows our needs and will carry us through in the faith that He provides.

Thanks again,

~ Paul