Saturday, February 09, 2013

Brilliant Public Speaker



At WND is reported Watch Obama get his 'medicine' on live TV.

I much prefer my title, for this is a brilliant example of public speaking.  None of malice that is displayed by WND’s title is shown in this speech.  WND should be ashamed.  While they give a good sampling of news, they certainly do not do so in accord with their claim to be a Christian network.  Perhaps some of their energy should be expended in examining the Eighth Commandment.  Luther’s explanation ought to be posted on their newsroom wall.


The Eighth Commandment.

    Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

    What does this mean?—Answer.

     We should fear and love God that we may not deceitfully belie, betray, slander, or defame our neighbor, but defend him, [think and] speak well of him, and put the best construction on everything.



As I point my finger at WND, I am reminded of my own need for this continual reminder and call to be turned again to the love that motivates defense rather than the propensity toward judgment of others.

In this video I find myself admiring this speaker.  And no Teleprompter or manuscript.  It is clear that he writes his own speeches and that they are expressions of his heart.



+ + +

No comments: