Monday, October 27, 2014

Resuming Posting?



It has been a number of months since I have invested the time and energy to post to this weblog site.  I wonder how many people still know that this is the source of the term: blog, that it is a contraction of web-log.  In conjunction with this I also have wondered how relevant blogging is today, as have many others who have grown weary of investing the time and energy to do it well.  So I did a query and found: 2014: Are Blogs Still Relevant?

Perhaps this article is on point concerning this matter.  I know that I personally still find well developed and composed blogs to be of interest and benefit to me, and because of this I still desire to offer articles for others as well.  I was disappointed when one of the long time blogs that I visited was removed by the author this year.  He posted some very valuable information over the years, but he had grown tired of making large investments of time and energy while often receiving very unkind responses, harsh arguments, and even attacks by some responders.

His was one of the best blogs of its kind that I have encountered.  But he grew tired, which I certainly understand myself.  I valued his efforts.  I was also one who did debate and even argue with him concerning conflicting points.  But I only argued with him because I valued the good that he shared and desired for clarity and absolute truth.  I desired the unity and agreement that only exists on the other side of honest confrontation.  As is declared in Proverbs 27:17, “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”  So I miss his contributions.

My blog is not nearly as popular as his was.  That may be a good thing.  Nevertheless, a few have expressed appreciation for what I have offered.  Today I resume, as much as I have energy to offer.

+++

No comments: