Tuesday, October 28, 2014
These seem especially fitting in this age from Proverbs 27:
(4) Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?
(5) Open rebuke is better than secret love.
(6) Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
(9) Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
(12) A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
(14) He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.
(17) Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
+ + +