Monday, June 03, 2013

Accident



It has been a while since I have taken the time to post.  In large part this is due to the fact that I have been scrambling to recover from an accident in which my chipper truck and chipper were totaled.

On March 8 I was merging from westbound Kellogg onto northbound I-235.  Apparently, as I was looking back to prepare for the merge, I must have drifted to the left, because I found myself headed for the dip/ditch between the merge lane and the highway.  Attempting to correct this situation would almost certainly have caused the truck to flip, so I chose to continue onward through the ditch and make the correction on the other side.  But the ditch was too much for me and I ended up in the median against the guard rail on my side.









Thankfully, my preparations for merging were blessed by the Lord so that no one else was involved.  Moreover, the Lord carried me through this incident without serious injury to my body or person.

The recovery time has primarily involved replacement of the truck and chipper and the many challenges involved in this process.  I finally have things restored to a point that I am able to function nearly normally again in my tree business.  I still have more to do, but at least I am able to begin servicing the needs of those who are requesting my services.

So, for those who care to know about what has happened, this will provide at least a snippet of the story.

+ + +


No comments: