Friday, October 14, 2011

Amazing Customer Service

I have posted about the non-existent customer service by most of the bigger companies today. I often am extremely frustrated by the bad treatment that I receive very consistently these days. Other people talk about this as their common experience as well. Moreover, it seems to be nearly a universal expectation, or at least a universal experience, today.

However, there are a few companies who continue to amaze me with their service and their reliability. Two companies who stand behind their product and warranties have amazed me on more than one occasion. One of these companies is Moen faucets. On the sink faucet for our kitchen, when I called them about the problems that developed, they sent a brand new kitchen sink set. All that was required was that I give them the numbers from the old parts and they sent a brand new faucet set within a few days. I was truly amazed.

Moen Logo

Bunn-O-Matic coffee brewers is another amazing company.



The heating element quit working on our coffee maker. I called their customer service inquiring about the possibility of using their discounted program to obtain a replacement. The lady informed me that the coffee maker has a three year warranty and could still be under warranty. I expressed my doubt that it was still covered and she insisted that I check the date code on the bottom of the coffee maker. After I read it to her she informed me that it was still covered and that she would send me a replacement. I was amazed. However, we had already purchased a replacement at the local retailer. I informed the lady of this fact and she responded saying that she would send me a refund! So I sent back the old machine with a copy of the receipt as she instructed me.

Within a short time the refund check came in the mail for the full amount, including the sales tax!


Service like that is rare today and it is cause for thanksgiving and praise to God. Moreover, I believe that such service is worth sharing with others who may also benefit from doing business with such companies. Furthermore, I very much want to help such companies to do well by spreading their good reputation.

We are very pleased with both Moen and Bunn-O-Matic.

+ + +

3 comments:

Gary Cepek said...

We also had the same beneficial service from Moen. The LORD's promise of daily bread filters to His children and to the wicked through the hands of other people; He consistently does this even without our asking, always in the exact measure He knows each needs. Through faith in Christ alone, He will teach us to realize this as the Holy spirit builds us up by His Means of Grace. Truly, for all this we ought to thank, praise, serve, and obey Him. This is most certainly true.

Gary Cepek

Not Alone +++ PAS said...

Isn't it wonderful to have the opportunity to speak well of a company? How wonderful it would be to have other companies of whom we could speak highly and not feel compelled to warn people of their trickery and other bad service and practices. It is a rare joy to be able to speak highly of a company.

How I would love to be able to do so concerning the government and its leaders! Even more, I would rejoice to know of a church of which I could speak with joyous praise. If I encounter such a church I will surely be speaking of it with excited joy.

Not Alone +++ PAS said...

Gary, thanks for your comment drawing attention to the meaning of the 4th Petition of the Lord's Prayer. It most especially includes the promise that where even two or three are gathered to the pure means of grace that a true congregation of the Church is gathered into the name and presence of Jesus. God provides these means for us so that we may eat and drink to our everlasting fulfillment. And as you point out, even this He works through the hands of sinners whom the Holy Spirit calls to repentance.