Sunday, August 12, 2007

Metatarsalgia & Morton's Neuroma

Yesterday I was listening to “Take Your Health To Heart with Dr. Galichia” on KNSS Radio and at the very end of the program a gentleman asked about Metatarsalgia & Morton’s Neuroma. The symptoms were typical and the man sounded very tired of dealing with the continual burning and pain in his feet. He told how he has tried custom made orthotic inserts and other methods but with no real relief. I wanted badly to call in with the help that I have received, but the show was over. The doctors spoke of cortisone injections as the next step and then surgery. I was very disappointed at their answers.

I visited a podiatrist on July 17 and received help, genuine help.

I, too, have purchased expensive orthotic inserts and received a degree of help, but eventually the symptoms return. I have metatarsalgia and Morton’s neuroma. For years my feet have hurt, often with burning as though I had a piece of burning charcoal inside the balls of my feet. As an arborist, my feet endure long days of non stop abuse. At the end of the day I often have had trouble walking because of the pain. I recently received a series of ultrasound treatments at considerable cost and no noticeable benefit, except to the chiropractor’s income.

However, the podiatrist examined my feet and visited with me for a few minutes and told me he had the answer. I doubted him, but gladly tried his suggestion. He gave me three pairs of inserts, and installed the first pair for me in my tennis shoes. He also prescribed some anti-inflammatory medication for a period of two weeks. After leaving his office, wearing my shoes with the inserts, I noticed immediate relief. Within a half hour, as I drove to Walmart to get the prescription filled, I noticed further relief. I wondered whether I was experiencing a psychosomatic response to his enthusiastic suggestions. But over the past weeks my feet have continued to improve. I stopped taking the medication and the pain has not returned. I have not experienced this kind of relief in years.

I am truly amazed at the relief that I am experiencing and I want to share the information for anyone else who may desire to try these pads. Amazingly they are very inexpensive, not like the orthotic inserts that cost between $160.00 - $280.00 and last only a year or two. These cost only about $5.00 to $10.00 per pair.

I still experience some symptoms, of course, but the relief has been amazing. The pads can be purchased through Hapad, Inc. at 800-544-2723 or at their web site at Hapad, Inc.

The pads that the doctor gave to me are Longitudinal Metatarsal Arch Pads. I am using them possibly a bit over sized so that some folk may consider them uncomfortable, but for me the relief is well worth it.

I am including a picture below of the ones that I am using. There are different styles, but these are working wonders for my symptoms.

Perhaps someone that you know can benefit from them as well.

By the way, I continue to take a quarter of a teaspoon of turmeric once or twice a day, which also helps with inflamation. My wife also takes turmeric for her headaches. She used to have headaches almost every day, bad ones. She has not had a headache in about four months, ever since she began taking turmeric (the yellow spice in mustard) every day. Turmeric also gives almost instant relief for heartburn.

Here is the picture of the Hapad inserts.





Technorati Tags: +, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: