Thursday, September 30, 2010

Unpleasant Surprise

This week a very disturbing event occurred. Some lowlife stole the catalytic converter from my work truck. It is difficult for me even to comprehend someone doing something like this. From the GMC dealership the part alone is nearly $900.00. An aftermarket unit is less. Of course the time and aggravation involved is even more costly, taking away from my ability to work and earn an income.

I had heard of these things happening, but still it seems unbelievable to me that people would do such things. For what the thieves will get for the stolen part, the same money could have been earned doing simple work that benefited others. Even in this broken economy, honest work can be found if one seeks it.

One of the things that continually confronts me whenever I encounter such foreign things as this, is that if the churches steal the precious truth from people as they continually do, why should I be surprised if such things as this happen in the world? This, too, is beyond my understanding. I know it to be what keeps happening and I know it to be what is done, but it still seems unbelievable to me.

I pray for the thieves both in the world and in the churches. The "Our Father" (Lord's Prayer) teaches us so to pray. God grant that we all are called to the new life of repentance and true faith.

Yet, I also am glad for God's promise that those who do not repent and reject the faith of the Lord Jesus, that these destroyers of tranquility and peace and good will not be permitted to cause havoc in heaven. While I deeply desire that all people receive the miracle of true faith and the salvation that is by faith, I am glad that in His justice God will not permit the evils and the pernicious false doctrine and practices of the world to ruin the kingdom of heaven. Those who refuse to be called to repentance will not be allowed to overthrow the good that God has established. This is truly comforting news in this wretched world of sin and turmoil. Heaven is and shall always be safe.

God preserve us that we may continue in that safety until the day of His return in glory.

No comments: