Thursday, March 12, 2009

Antivirus and Firewall News

Firefox has an FAQ page regarding suggested Antivirus protection called Best Antivirus Software & Internet Security Software. On this page they link to PC Antivirus Reviews where very helpful reviews are posted regarding this group’s opinions regarding the best Antivirus software companies. PC Antivirus Reviews also provides discount coupons for the products that they review and suggest.

In the past I have used Norton and Zone Alarm. I have used Zone Alarm for quite a few years with good success. But in the last couple of years I became very frustrated with the problems that Zone Alarm caused on my system, and even more frustrated with the very poor technical support.

This week I decided to give the Sunbelt Software products a try. I checked other reviews of their products besides PC Antivirus Reviews and found much praise reported for their company and software. So I purchased the products and installed them. At first I thought, “Oh No!” I did encounter some problems. But that is not unusual with new software installation. I called the next day and spoke with a delightful fellow who was extremely helpful. The next day I had some more issues and I again received superb assistance.

Most tech support would have told me that the problems that I experienced were not areas that they covered as they were not directly related to their product. But the Sunbelt support person went out of his way to help. Moreover, he understood English as his FIRST language and therefore understood me and my issues. It was a rare delight!

Both the VIPRE antivirus and antispyware product and the Sunbelt Personal Firewall are up and running and doing very nicely. The software and hardware that was previously encountering interference from Zone Alarm is functioning beautifully so far. Moreover, my system is performing more quickly.

It is still very early in my experience, but so far I am very pleased. For anyone experiencing frustrations like the ones that I have mentioned, you may want to check out the Sunbelt Software for yourself.

2 comments:

Brayden Alexander said...

The payed Anti-virus programs are usual very good , but allot of people can't buy them, this is not a problem there are available allot of free antivirus programs , but people don't really know about this, here is a free antivirus reviews website , I hope will help people that can't pay for antivirus programs to get they're computer safe.

Best Antivirus said...

You said the right thing. We have more paid antivirus. They are interested in free anti virus Software. Paid softwares are also helps more. Thanks for giving.